Enjoy top attractions in Madison, Wisconsin and things to do in South Central WI and Southern Wisconsin from our Association members. Stay longer, enjoy more of vibrant Madison and beautiful South Central and Southern Wisconsin.
ATTRACTIONS BY NAME, CITY
ALBANY WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Detwiler's Bulk Foods - Amish Store - N5055 Hwy 104 - 608-897-8500.
* Detweiler’s Furniture Store - Amish Store – W509 Atkinson Rd – 608.897.8787
BARABOO WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Aldo Leopold Legacy Center - http://www.aldoleopold.org - E13701 Levee Rd, Baraboo, WI - about 33 miles NW of Madison. The center is a top Green building with tours and workshops.
* Circus World Museum - http://www.circusworldbaraboo.org - 550 Water St, Baraboo, WI, Sauk County - 33 miles NW of Madison - Offers exhibits, circus show, programs, and visitor center - 608-356-8341.
* Crane Foundation - http://www.savingcranes.com – Baraboo, Sauk County, WI
- International preservation center for Cranes - E11376 Shady Lane Road – 608-356-9462.
* Devil' Lake State Park - http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/devilslake/ - South 5975 Park Rd, Baraboo, WI - 33 miles NW of Madison - Favorite and Most Scenic Wisconsin State Park - 9000 acres, lake, bluffs, trails - 608-356-8301.
* International Crane Foundation - https://www.savingcranes.org - E11376 Shady Lane Rd, Baraboo, WI - 33 miles NW of Madison - All the very interesting crane species of the World.
* Natural Bridge State Park - http://www.travelwisconsin.com/state-parks-forests/state-parks/natural-bridge-state-park-203671 - S5975 Park Rd Baraboo, Sauk County, WI – 608-356-8301 - Features a large sandstone natural arch and rock shelter.
* Wisconsin Opry - http://www.wisconsinopry.com – E10964 Moon Road, Baraboo, Sauk County, WI – 608.254.7951 - Country music in the Wisconsin Dells area.
BARNEVELD WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
Botham Vineyards - http://www.bothamvineyards.com - 8180 Langberry Rd, Barneveld, WI - fine wines reasonably priced - 26 miles West of Madison - 608-924-1412.
BELLEVILLE WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Badger State Bike Trail - http://www.badger-trail.com - Rails to Trails,
Madison, Belleville to Freeport Illinos
* Ice Age National Scenic Traill - http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/iceagetrail/ - Hike to your delight. Easy find at Badger Trail segment at Belleville at Basco - 12 miles SW of Madison, WI.
BELMONT WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* First State Capital- http://www.firstcapital.wisconsinhistory.org – County Road G, Belmont, LaFayette County, WI - Early WI displays, Capitol and Supreme Court buildings - 608.987.2122.
BELOIT WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Riverside Park – http://visitbeloit.com/the_riverfront - 1160 Riverside Dr, Beloit, Rock County, WI 53511 – 608.365.4838 - Community gathering spot for numerous events.
BLUE MOUNDS WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Blue Mounds State Park - http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/bluemound/
4350 Mounds Park Rd, Blue Mounds, Dane County WI - 1153-acre park with the tallest mound in Southern WI - 608-437-5711.
* Cave of the Mounds
- http://www.caveofthemounds.com - 2975 Cave of the Mounds Road, Blue Mounds, WI - 22 miles SW of Madison - World Renowned Cave, National Landmark limestone cave - daily tours, 20 miles west of Madison - 608-437-3038.
BROOKLYN WI ATTRACTIONS & THINGS TO DO:
* Depot Days - http://www.depotdays.info - Brooklyn, Green County, Wisconsin.
- Brooklyn grew with the railroad - 608.455.3121.
COTTAGE GROVE WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Glacial Drumlin Trail - http://www.glacialdrumlin.com – Cottage Grove, Dane County, WI - Bike Trail is 52-miles long from Cottage Grove to Waukesha - 920.648.8774.
DODGEVILLE WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Doby Stables, Inc. – Dodgeville, Iowa County, WI - 1 to 2 hour rides through Gov. Dodge State Park - 4228 State Rd 23 - 608.935-5205.
* Governor Dodge State Park- http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/govdodge/ - 4175 State Road 23, Dodgeville, Iowa County, WI – 608.935.2315.
* Lands End - http://www.landsend.com - 113 N Iowa St – 608.935.9053 – Dodgeville, Iowa County, WI - Clothing Outlet Store.
FITCHBURG WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Nevin Springs Fish and Wildlife Area –5911 Fish Hatchery Road, Fitchburg, Dane Cty, WI – 608.275.3246.
FORT ATKINSON WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Fireside Dinner Theatre - http://www.firesidetheatre.com - 1131 Janesville Ave, Fort Atkinson, WI, Jefferson County - 31 miles SE of Madison - 920-563-9505 - live Broadway musicals and dining.
HIGHLAND WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Spurgeon Vineyards & Winery - http://www.spurgeonvineyards.com - 16008 Pine Tree Rd, Highland, WI – 608-929-7692.
JANESVILLE WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Rotary Botanical Garden - http://www.rotarygardens.org - 1455 Palmer Dr, Janesville, Rock County, WI - 608.752.3885.
JOHNSON CREEK WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Johnson Creek Premium Outlet Mall - http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=53 - State Hwy 26 – Jefferson County, WI – 920-699-4111.
LAKE DELTON WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Tanger Outlet Mall- http://www.tangeroutlet.com/wisconsindells/ - 210 Gasser Rd #105, Lake Delton, Sauk County, WI – 800.409.1603.
LODI WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Lake Wisconsin - http://www.lakewisconsin.org - Lodi, Columbus County, WI
- 10,000 acre lake and 52 miles of shoreline - 608.592.4412.
MADISON WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Alliant Energy Center
- http://www.alliantenergycenter.com - 1919 alliant Energy Way, Madison, Wisconsin - Center offers events and convention facilities.
* Art Fair On the Square
- http://www.mmoca.org/art-fair - Annual event on the Capitol Square, Madison, Wisconsin - 608-257-0158.
* Camp Randall Stadium
- http://www.uwbadgers.com/facilities/camp-randall.html - Madison, Dane County, WI - Home of the Badgers and UW football stadium since 1895 - 1440 Monroe Street, 53719.
* Capital City Bike Trail
- http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/capcity/ - Madison, Dane County - 17 mile trail in and around Madison.
* Chazen Museum of Art - http://www.chazen.wisc.edu - 750 University Ave, Madison, WI - University of Wisconsin, Madison Art Center - 608-263-2246.
* Concerts on the Square - http://wcoconcerts.org/ - Select Summer Wednesdays in June & July - 7 PM - Madison - Free, Capitol Square.
* Dane County Farmers Market - http://dcfm.org - On the Capitol Square, Madison WI - The best Farmer's Market and largest producers-only market in the country - 150 vendors - 608-455-1999.
* Downtown Madison - http://www.visitdowntownmadison.com – Madison, Dane County, WI - Capitol down State Street to University of Wisconsin.
* Executive Mansion – Madison, Dane County, WI -WI Governor’s Mansion - 99 Cambridge Road, Madison, WI Dane County.
* Gerald Bartel Community Theatre- http://www.bartelltheatre.org - 113 E Mifflin - Madison, Dane County, WI – Tickets 608.661.9696.
* Henry Vilas Zoo - http://www.vilaszoo.org - 702 S Randall Ave – Madison, Dane County, WI – 608.266.4732.
* Institutes for Discovsry - 330 Orchard St, Madison, Dane County, WI - Hands-on self-guided science stations, restaurant and more – 608.316.4300.
* Kohl Center - http://www.uwbadgers.com/facilities/kohl-center.html - 601 W Dayton St - Madison, Dane County, WI – 608-263-5645 - Home to UW basketball and hockey games.
* Lake Mendota - Madison, Dane County, WI.
* Lake Monona - Madison, Dane County, WI.
* Lake Waubesa, Lake Wingra - other Madison lakes.
* Madison Museum of Contemporary Art - http://www.mmoca.org - 227 State Street, Madison, WI, Dane County - Modern and contemporary exhibits - free - 608-267-0158.
* Memorial Coliseum - http://www.alliantenergycenter.com/home/veterans-memorial-coliseum.aspx#.UxXKbdwf8pE - 1881 Expo Mall E, Madison, WI, Dane County - Events Center -608-267-3976.
* Michael Feldman Radio Show - http://www.notmuch.com - Madison, Dane County WI - What'Ya Know" live show from Monona Terrace.
* Mid West Horse Fair - http://www.midwesthorsefair.com - Madison, Dane County, WI - Annual event - Held in Madison at the Alliant Energy Center (Above).
* Museum of Contemporary Art – http://www.mocca.org - 222 State St, Madison, Dane County, WI - 5000 item collection.
* Olbrich Botanical Gardens - http://www.olbrich.org - 3300 Atwood Ave, Madison, WI, Dane County - 16 acres of Gardens, Art Displays, Bolz Conservatory, Events - 608-246-4550.
* Olbrich's Concerts In The Garden - 3300 Atwood Ave, Madison, WI, Dane County, Tuesdays in June and July at 7:00PM.
* Overture Center for the Arts - http://overturecenter.com - 201 State St, Madison, WI, Dane County - World class arts, events and theatre center - 608-258-4177.
* Rhythem and Booms - http://www.rhythmandbooms.com - Famous Madison's July Fireworks.
* State Street - http://www.state-st.com - Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin - Unique shops and restaurants between the State Capitol and UW-Madison down State Street.
* Taste of Madison - http://www.tasteofmadison.com – Madison, Dane County, WI
- Great food of Madison eateries and music on the square, Downtown Madison.
* University of Wisconsin-Madison - http://www.wisc.edu - 702 West Johnson St, Madison, WI - Badger Sports, Big Ten University
* UW Arboretum - http://www.uwarboretum.org - 1207 Seminole Hwy, Madison, WI. 1200 acres on Southside of Lake Wingra with visitor center, ecological and horticultural exhibits, effigy mounds, artifacts and visitor center.
* UW Geology Museum - http://www.geology.wisc.edu/~museum/ - 1215 W Dayton, St Madison, Dane County, WI - Educational programs on rocks, minerals, and fossils – 608.262.1412.
* UW Lakeshore Path - http://lakeshorepreserve.wisc.edu/visit/lakeshorepath.htm - Madison, Dane County, WI - 608-265-9275. Path runs from UW Memorial Union (below) to scenic Picnic Point along the Lake Mendota lakeshore.
* UW Memorian Union - http://www.union.wisc.edu - - 800 Langdon St – 608.262.2202, Madison, Dane County, WI - University of Wisconsin’s social and cultural center - Union Theater - http://www.uniontheater.wisc.edu
MCFARLAND WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Rocking L Acres Sleighrides - http:/www.rockinglacres.com - 2964 County Rd AB, McFarland, Dane County, WI – 608-838-8178.
* Wisconsin Historical Museum - http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/museum - 30 N Carroll, Madison, WI, Dane County - Wisconsin's heritage and display of Wisconsin history to the present - 608-848-1079.
* Wisconsin State Capitol Building Tour - http://tours.wisconsin.gov/pub/Content.aspx?p=Capitol+Tour - 2 E. Main St, Madison, WI. Tour our State Capitol, one of the most beautiful domes in USA, on the square in Madison, WI, Dane County - 608-266-0382.
* Wisconsin Union Theater - http://www.union.wisc.edu - 800 Langdon St, Madison, Dane County, WI - 608.265.3000 - Theater is part of the Memorial Union complex (Above).
* Wisconsin Veterans Museum - http://www.wisvetsmuseum.com - 30 W Mifflin St., Madison, WI - Exhibits and displays of Wisconsin vets in action from the Cicil War to the present - free - 608-267-1799.
* World Dairy Exposition - https://www.worlddairyexpo.com - Alliant Energy Center, 1919 Alliant Energy Way, Madison, WI - International dairy event of the dairy industry.
MERRIMAC WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Devils Head Ski Resort - http://www.devilsheadresort.com – Merrimac – Sauk County, WI - Downhill skiing and snowboarding - S6330 Bluff Road – 608-493-2251.
* Merrimac Free Ferry - http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/travel/water/merrimac.htm - Merrimac, WI - 24 miles NW of Madison - Since 1948 Ferry has crossed the Wisconsin River.
* Parfrey’s Glen State Natural Area – http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/Lands/naturalareas/index.asp?SNA=1 - Hwy DL, Merrimac, Sauk County, WI - Spectacular gorge near Devil’s Lake State Park - 608.356.2185.
MIDDLETON WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Capital Brewery - http://www.capital-brewery.com - Middleton, Dane County, WI - Brewery and Bier Garden with tours - 7734 Terrence Ave - 608-836-7100.
* National Mustard Museum - http://www.mustardmuseum.com – 7477 Hubbard Ave, Middleton, Dane County, Wisconsin Parmenter and Hubbard Ave, downtown Middleton - 6 miles NW of Madison - 5000's Mustards – 800.438.6878.
MILTON WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Milton House - http://www.miltonhouse.org - 18 S Janesville St, Milton, Rock County, WI - Museum and Historical Society - 608-868-7772.
MINERAL POINT WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Pendarvis Museum - http://pendarvis.wisconsinhistory.org - - 114 Shake Rag Street, Mineral Point, Iowa County, WI - 608.987.2122 - Cornish lead miners history and culture museum.
* Shake Rag Alley - http://www.shakeragalley.com – 18 Shake Rag Alley, Mineral Point, Iowa, WI - 608-987-3292 - Cornish miners settlement.
MONONA WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Aldo Leopold Nature Center
- http://www.aldoleopoldnaturecenter.org - 330 Femrite Drive, Monona, WI - about 4 miles east of Madison - Nature center offers outdoor trails, programs, exhibits, group tours and private rentals.
MONROE WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Cheese Country Trail - http://www.tricountytrail.org/ – Monroe, Green County, WI to Mineral Point, Iowa County WI - 47 mile trail on improved railed - Green Cty Tourism, 1016 16th Ave, Monroe.
* Green County Cheese Days - http://www.cheesedays.com - Court House Square, Monroe WI - 35 miles SW of Madison - Cheese celebration is an old tradition. And, visit Green County cheese factories and Monroe shops - 608-325-7771.
* Minhas Craft Brewery & Distillery – http://minhasbrewery.com - 1208 Fourteenth Ave, Monroe, Green County, WI - Craft brewery offers beer museum, great tour - 608.325.3191.
* National Historic Cheesemaking Center - http://www.nationalhistoriccheesemakingcenter.org – 2108 6th Ave, Monroe, Green County – 608-325-4636.
MONTICELLO WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Silver-Lewis Cheese Coop - http://www.silverlewischeese.com - - W3075 County Rd EE, Monticello, Green County, WI - 608.938.4813 - 150 year old cheese factory and store.
MOUNT HOREB WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Tyrol Basin - http://www.tyrolbasin.com - 3487 Bohn Rd, Mount Horeb, WI - 18 miles SW of Madison - Down Hill ski hill, snowboarding.
NEW GLARUS WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Edelweiss Chalet Country Club - http://www.edelweissccc.com - New Glarus, Green County, WI - 18-hole golf course on the edge of New Glarus - W4764 Edelweiss Rd – 608.527.2315.
* Heidi Festival - http://www.swisstown.com/ - New Glarus, Green County WI - Swiss play and the Taste of New Glarus.
* New Glarus – http://www.swisstown.com - Visitor's Center, 418 Railroad St, New Glarus, WI - 22 miles SW of Madison - America's Little Switzerland between Albany and Belleville.
* New Glarus Brewing Company - http://www.newglarusbrewing.com - 2400 Wisconsin 69, New Glarus, WI - 22 miles SW of Madison - First Class Tours, Award Winning Beers.
* New Glarus Swiss Historical Museum - http://www.swisshistoricalvillage.org - Tour many Swiss buildings and displays. New Glarus is 22 miles SW of Madison.
* Primrose Winery – http://www.newglarusprimrosewinery.com - 500 1st St, New Glarus, Green County, WI - 608.527.5053 - Wisconsin winery uses mostly Wisconsin grapes.
* Sugar River State Bike Trail - http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/sugarriver/ - New Glarus 22 miles SW of Madison - Trail runs from New Glarus to Monticello to Albany to Brodhead - 608-527-2334.
* Swiss Historical Village Museum - http://www.swisshistoricalvillage.org – 612 7th Ave, New Glarus, Green County, WI – 608-588-7900 - 12 historic Swiss buildings and a continuance tour.
* Taste of New Glarus - http://swisstown.com/ - Downtown, New Glarus - 22 miles SW of Madison - A taste of New Glarus food offerings and other festivals.
NORTH FREEDOM WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Mid-Continental Railroad Museum - http://www.midcontinent.org – - E8948 Diamond Hill Rd, North Freedom - Take the 50-minute train ride through the Baraboo hills - 608.522.4261.
PAOLI WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Artisan Gallery - http://www.artisangal.com – Paoli - Belleville, Dane County WI - World-class artist displays and sales - 6858 Paoli Road - 608-845-6600.
* Historic Paoli - http://www.visitpaoli.com - Dane County, WI - Unique shops, galleries and dining along the Sugar River 10 miles SW of Madison.
* Zazen Gallery - http://richardjudd.com/section/245643_Zazen_Gallery.html -- 6896 Paoli Rd, Belleville, WI, Paoli, Dane County, WI - 608.845.9722 - Richard Judd, world famous furniture and Paoli art gallery.
- http://www.visitpaoli.com/Home.html - 12 miles SW of Madison Historic Paoli offers the Artisan, Paoli House & Zazen Galleries; Cheese Cottage, School House Shops and Cafe, Cottage Goddess in Old Mill; School House, Creamery Cafe, Paoli Pub Restaurants...
* Sugar River
- http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/sugarriver/ - http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/sugarriver/ Bring a boat to fish or rent a canoe or tube. Enter River behind Montrose Town Hall in Paoli, WI.
PORTAGE WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Cascade Mountain Ski Hill - http://www.cascademountain.com - Cascade Mountain Road, Portage, WI - 33 miles North of Madison - Downhill skiing just north of Madison - 608-742-5588.
* Society Hill Historic District - Near Downtown Portage – Portage, Columbia Cty, WI – 608.742.3315 - 137 historic buildings dating back as far as the 1850’s.
POYNETTE WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Mackenzie Environmental - http://www.mackenziecenter.com - W7303 County Road CS & Q Poynette, Columbia County, WI - 608.635.8105 - 250 acre diverse environmental education center just 25 miles north of Madison.
PRAIRIE DU SAC WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Bald Eagle Watching – Prairie du Sac, WI - By the Wisconsin River, Prairie du Sac Hydroelectric Dam.
* Wollersheim Winery
- https://www.wollersheim.com - 7876 State Hwy, 188, Prairie du Sac, WI - "America's Top 10 Winery Tours" ~ TripAdvisor. The Wollersheim Winery is 25 miles NW of Madison. 1-800-VIP-WINE.
SPRING GREEN WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* American Players Theatre - http://americanplayers.org - 5950 Golf Course Rd, Spring Green, WI – about 25 miles NW of Madison - Classic outdoor and indoor theatre.
* House on the Rock - http://www.thehouseontherock.com - 5754 Hwy 23, Spring Green, WI - 35 miles NW of Madison - Amazing house and collections unlimited...
* Taliesin - http://www.taliesinpreservation.org/ - 5607 County C, Spring Green, WI - 35 miles NW of Madison - Frank Lloyd Wright's summer home. Discover the man, his architecture, ideas, story and home.
* Tower Hill State Park - http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/towerhill/ - 5808 County C, Spring Green, Sauk County, WI - 40 miles NW of Madison 77 acre park with lead shot tower - 608.588.2116.
STOUGHTON WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Stoughton Opera House - http://www.stoughtonoperahouse.com – 381 E Main St,Stoughton, Dane County, WI – 608-877-4400 - Restored Opera House, now The Performing Arts Center.
* Syttende Mai - http://www.stoughtonwi.com/syttendemai/ - Stoughton, WI - 15 miles SE of Madison - Norwegian Festival.
VERONA WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Epic Medical Software - http://www.epic.com - Verona, Dane County, Wisconsin
- Huge campus of a fast growing medical software company - 1979 Milky Way – 608.271.9000.
* Military Ridge Bike Trail - http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/militaryridge/ - Verona (9 miles west of Madison) to Dodgeville (40 miles west of Madison) on old railroad bed. Parking is available at the trailhead at County Highway PB, just off of business State Highway 151.
* Wisconsin Brewing Company - http://www.wisconsinbrewingcompany.com - 1079 American Way, Verona, WI - 9 miles SW of Madison - Tour and samples - 608-848-1079.
WISCONSIN DELLS ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Wisconsin Dells - http://www.wisdells.com - Columbia County, WI - Scenic wonder of Wisconsin plus commercial attractions. WI Dells Visitor and Convention Bureau – 800-223-3557.
* Wisconsin River Scenic Lower Wisconsin River - http://lwr.state.wi.us
Wisconsin River is a major scenic attraction in Southern Wisconsin.
WISCONSIN ATTRACTION AND THINGS TO DO:
* Fall Foliage in Southern Wisconsin - Fall Color is everywhere.
YELLOWSTONE LAKE WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Yellowstone Lake State Park
- http://www.yellowstonelake.org – Blanchardville, LaFayette Cty, WI - 608.523.4427 - 35 miles SW of Madison, State Park offers 968 acre park and trails and a 455 acre Lake Yellowstone.