COTTAGE GROVE WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Glacial Drumlin Trail - http://www.glacialdrumlin.com – Cottage Grove, Dane County, WI - Bike Trail is 52-miles long from Cottage Grove to Waukesha - 920.648.8774.
DODGEVILLE WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Doby Stables, Inc. – Dodgeville, Iowa County, WI - 1 to 2 hour rides through Gov. Dodge State Park - 4228 State Rd 23 - 608.935-5205.
* Governor Dodge State Park- http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/govdodge/ - 4175 State Road 23, Dodgeville, Iowa County, WI – 608.935.2315.
* Lands End - http://www.landsend.com - 113 N Iowa St – 608.935.9053 – Dodgeville, Iowa County, WI - Clothing Outlet Store.
FITCHBURG WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Nevin Springs Fish and Wildlife Area –5911 Fish Hatchery Road, Fitchburg, Dane Cty, WI – 608.275.3246.
FORT ATKINSON WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Fireside Dinner Theatre - http://www.firesidetheatre.com - 1131 Janesville Ave, Fort Atkinson, WI, Jefferson County - 31 miles SE of Madison - 920-563-9505 - live Broadway musicals and dining.
HIGHLAND WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Spurgeon Vineyards & Winery - http://www.spurgeonvineyards.com - 16008 Pine Tree Rd, Highland, WI – 608-929-7692.
JANESVILLE WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Rotary Botanical Garden - http://www.rotarygardens.org - 1455 Palmer Dr, Janesville, Rock County, WI - 608.752.3885.
JOHNSON CREEK WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Johnson Creek Premium Outlet Mall - http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=53 - State Hwy 26 – Jefferson County, WI – 920-699-4111.
LAKE DELTON WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Tanger Outlet Mall- http://www.tangeroutlet.com/wisconsindells/ - 210 Gasser Rd #105, Lake Delton, Sauk County, WI – 800.409.1603.
LODI WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Chazen Museum of Art - http://www.chazen.wisc.edu - 750 University Ave, Madison, WI - University of Wisconsin, Madison Art Center - 608-263-2246.
* Concerts on the Square - http://wcoconcerts.org/ - Select Summer Wednesdays in June & July - 7 PM - Madison - Free, Capitol Square.
* Dane County Farmers Market - http://dcfm.org - On the Capitol Square, Madison WI - The best Farmer's Market and largest producers-only market in the country - 150 vendors - 608-455-1999.
* Downtown Madison - http://www.visitdowntownmadison.com – Madison, Dane County, WI - Capitol down State Street to University of Wisconsin.
* Executive Mansion – Madison, Dane County, WI -WI Governor’s Mansion - 99 Cambridge Road, Madison, WI Dane County.
* Gerald Bartel Community Theatre- http://www.bartelltheatre.org - 113 E Mifflin - Madison, Dane County, WI – Tickets 608.661.9696.
* Henry Vilas Zoo - http://www.vilaszoo.org - 702 S Randall Ave – Madison, Dane County, WI – 608.266.4732.
* Institutes for Discovsry - 330 Orchard St, Madison, Dane County, WI - Hands-on self-guided science stations, restaurant and more – 608.316.4300.
* Kohl Center - http://www.uwbadgers.com/facilities/kohl-center.html - 601 W Dayton St - Madison, Dane County, WI – 608-263-5645 - Home to UW basketball and hockey games.
* Lake Mendota - Madison, Dane County, WI.
* Lake Monona - Madison, Dane County, WI.
* Lake Waubesa, Lake Wingra - other Madison lakes.
* Madison Museum of Contemporary Art - http://www.mmoca.org - 227 State Street, Madison, WI, Dane County - Modern and contemporary exhibits - free - 608-267-0158.
* Memorial Coliseum - http://www.alliantenergycenter.com/home/veterans-memorial-coliseum.aspx#.UxXKbdwf8pE - 1881 Expo Mall E, Madison, WI, Dane County - Events Center -608-267-3976.
* Michael Feldman Radio Show - http://www.notmuch.com - Madison, Dane County WI - What'Ya Know" live show from Monona Terrace.
* Mid West Horse Fair - http://www.midwesthorsefair.com - Madison, Dane County, WI - Annual event - Held in Madison at the Alliant Energy Center (Above).
* Museum of Contemporary Art – http://www.mocca.org - 222 State St, Madison, Dane County, WI - 5000 item collection.
* Olbrich Botanical Gardens - http://www.olbrich.org - 3300 Atwood Ave, Madison, WI, Dane County - 16 acres of Gardens, Art Displays, Bolz Conservatory, Events - 608-246-4550.
* Olbrich's Concerts In The Garden - 3300 Atwood Ave, Madison, WI, Dane County, Tuesdays in June and July at 7:00PM.
* Overture Center for the Arts - http://overturecenter.com - 201 State St, Madison, WI, Dane County - World class arts, events and theatre center - 608-258-4177.
* Rhythem and Booms - http://www.rhythmandbooms.com - Famous Madison's July Fireworks.
* State Street - http://www.state-st.com - Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin - Unique shops and restaurants between the State Capitol and UW-Madison down State Street.
* Taste of Madison - http://www.tasteofmadison.com – Madison, Dane County, WI
- Great food of Madison eateries and music on the square, Downtown Madison.
* University of Wisconsin-Madison - http://www.wisc.edu - 702 West Johnson St, Madison, WI - Badger Sports, Big Ten University
* UW Arboretum - http://www.uwarboretum.org - 1207 Seminole Hwy, Madison, WI. 1200 acres on Southside of Lake Wingra with visitor center, ecological and horticultural exhibits, effigy mounds, artifacts and visitor center.
* UW Geology Museum - http://www.geology.wisc.edu/~museum/ - 1215 W Dayton, St Madison, Dane County, WI - Educational programs on rocks, minerals, and fossils – 608.262.1412.
* UW Lakeshore Path - http://lakeshorepreserve.wisc.edu/visit/lakeshorepath.htm - Madison, Dane County, WI - 608-265-9275. Path runs from UW Memorial Union (below) to scenic Picnic Point along the Lake Mendota lakeshore.
* UW Memorian Union - http://www.union.wisc.edu - - 800 Langdon St – 608.262.2202, Madison, Dane County, WI - University of Wisconsin’s social and cultural center - Union Theater - http://www.uniontheater.wisc.edu
MCFARLAND WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Rocking L Acres Sleighrides - http:/www.rockinglacres.com - 2964 County Rd AB, McFarland, Dane County, WI – 608-838-8178.
* Wisconsin Historical Museum - http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/museum - 30 N Carroll, Madison, WI, Dane County - Wisconsin's heritage and display of Wisconsin history to the present - 608-848-1079.
* Wisconsin State Capitol Building Tour - http://tours.wisconsin.gov/pub/Content.aspx?p=Capitol+Tour - 2 E. Main St, Madison, WI. Tour our State Capitol, one of the most beautiful domes in USA, on the square in Madison, WI, Dane County - 608-266-0382.
* Wisconsin Union Theater - http://www.union.wisc.edu - 800 Langdon St, Madison, Dane County, WI - 608.265.3000 - Theater is part of the Memorial Union complex (Above).
* Wisconsin Veterans Museum - http://www.wisvetsmuseum.com - 30 W Mifflin St., Madison, WI - Exhibits and displays of Wisconsin vets in action from the Cicil War to the present - free - 608-267-1799.
* World Dairy Exposition - https://www.worlddairyexpo.com - Alliant Energy Center, 1919 Alliant Energy Way, Madison, WI - International dairy event of the dairy industry.
MERRIMAC WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Devils Head Ski Resort - http://www.devilsheadresort.com – Merrimac – Sauk County, WI - Downhill skiing and snowboarding - S6330 Bluff Road – 608-493-2251.
* Merrimac Ferry - http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/travel/water/merrimac.htm - Merrimac, WI - 24 miles NW of Madison - Since 1948 Ferry has crossed the Wisconsin River.
* Parfrey’s Glen State Natural Area – http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/Lands/naturalareas/index.asp?SNA=1 - Hwy DL, Merrimac, Sauk County, WI - Spectacular gorge near Devil’s Lake State Park - 608.356.2185.
MIDDLETON WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Capital Brewery - http://www.capital-brewery.com - Middleton, Dane County, WI - Brewery and Bier Garden with tours - 7734 Terrence Ave - 608-836-7100.
* National Mustard Museum - http://www.mustardmuseum.com – 7477 Hubbard Ave, Middleton, Dane County, Wisconsin Parmenter and Hubbard Ave, downtown Middleton - 6 miles NW of Madison - 5000's Mustards – 800.438.6878.
MILTON WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Milton House - http://www.miltonhouse.org - 18 S Janesville St, Milton, Rock County, WI - Museum and Historical Society - 608-868-7772.
MINERAL POINT WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Pendarvis Museum - http://pendarvis.wisconsinhistory.org - - 114 Shake Rag Street, Mineral Point, Iowa County, WI - 608.987.2122 - Cornish lead miners history and culture museum.
* Shake Rag Alley - http://www.shakeragalley.com – 18 Shake Rag Alley, Mineral Point, Iowa, WI - 608-987-3292 - Cornish miners settlement.
MONONA WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Aldo Leopold Nature Center - http://www.aldoleopoldnaturecenter.org - 330 Femrite Drive, Monona, WI - about 4 miles east of Madison - Nature center offers outdoor trails, programs, exhibits, group tours and private rentals.
MONROE WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Cheese Country Trail - http://www.tricountytrail.org/ – Monroe, Green County, WI to Mineral Point, Iowa County WI - 47 mile trail on improved railed - Green Cty Tourism, 1016 16th Ave, Monroe.
* Green County Cheese Days - http://www.cheesedays.com - Court House Square, Monroe WI - 35 miles SW of Madison - Cheese celebration is an old tradition. And, visit Green County cheese factories and Monroe shops - 608-325-7771.
* Minhas Craft Brewery & Distillery – http://minhasbrewery.com - 1208 Fourteenth Ave, Monroe, Green County, WI - Craft brewery offers beer museum, great tour - 608.325.3191.
* National Historic Cheesemaking Center - http://www.nationalhistoriccheesemakingcenter.org – 2108 6th Ave, Monroe, Green County – 608-325-4636.
MONTICELLO WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Silver-Lewis Cheese Coop - http://www.silverlewischeese.com - - W3075 County Rd EE, Monticello, Green County, WI - 608.938.4813 - 150 year old cheese factory and store.
MOUNT HOREB WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Tyrol Basin - http://www.tyrolbasin.com - 3487 Bohn Rd, Mount Horeb, WI - 18 miles SW of Madison - Down Hill ski hill, snowboarding.
NEW GLARUS WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Edelweiss Chalet Country Club - http://www.edelweissccc.com - New Glarus, Green County, WI - 18-hole golf course on the edge of New Glarus - W4764 Edelweiss Rd – 608.527.2315.
* Heidi Festival - http://www.swisstown.com/ - New Glarus, Green County WI - Swiss play and the Taste of New Glarus.
* New Glarus – http://www.swisstown.com - Visitor's Center, 418 Railroad St, New Glarus, WI - 22 miles SW of Madison - America's Little Switzerland between Albany and Belleville.
* New Glarus Brewing Company - http://www.newglarusbrewing.com - 2400 Wisconsin 69, New Glarus, WI - 22 miles SW of Madison - First Class Tours, Award Winning Beers.
* New Glarus Swiss Historical Museum - http://www.swisshistoricalvillage.org - Tour many Swiss buildings and displays. New Glarus is 22 miles SW of Madison.
* Primrose Winery – http://www.newglarusprimrosewinery.com - 500 1st St, New Glarus, Green County, WI - 608.527.5053 - Wisconsin winery uses mostly Wisconsin grapes.
* Sugar River State Bike Trail - http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/sugarriver/ - New Glarus 22 miles SW of Madison - Trail runs from New Glarus to Monticello to Albany to Brodhead - 608-527-2334.
* Swiss Historical Village Museum - http://www.swisshistoricalvillage.org – 612 7th Ave, New Glarus, Green County, WI – 608-588-7900 - 12 historic Swiss buildings and a continuance tour.
* Taste of New Glarus - http://swisstown.com/ - Downtown, New Glarus - 22 miles SW of Madison - A taste of New Glarus food offerings and other festivals.
NORTH FREEDOM WI ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS TO DO:
* Mid-Continental Railroad Museum - http://www.midcontinent.org – - E8948 Diamond Hill Rd, North Freedom - Take the 50-minute train ride through the Baraboo hills - 608.522.4261.